Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back to it...

Yesterday I didn't write in my blog.  I guess, I was feeling a bit down yesterday and chose to wallow for the day.  I am human and I guess the shock of last week was starting to catch up with me.  The Stoic reading for today was definitely applicable:

FOR, amidst perturbations and griefs and fears, and disappointed desires and incurred aversions, how can there be any entrance for happiness? And, where there are corrupt principles, there must all these things necessarily be.

EPICTETUS. DISCOURSES. Book iii. §22. ¶6.

When we are disappointed and depressed over what life has handed to us, it is because we put value on the wrong things. We held too much importance in things rather than valuing our character above all else.

 
This morning I got up, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher and had breakfast with my hubby and daughter.  Time to start planning for the future, making the best decisions to allow more freedom to adjust and make changes. Life is certainly never boring and the sun is shining!  :)

Today is a day for banking, checking mail, etc. and running some errands.  Tonight we are out for supper with good friends.  :)  All in all a good day ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment