Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

On Weddings and Celebrations

Today I am deeply involved in last minute preparations for my daughter's upcoming wedding.  Her wedding is going to be held at one of our local Unitarian Universalist congregations, filled with poetry, devotion, music and reason.  A decidedly spiritual service with a naturalistic humanist outlook.  I was sent the text of the service yesterday in order to facilitate the creation of wedding programs and I was struck with the beauty, sincerity and genuine spirituality that was found in the words of the bridal couples vows, readings and ceremonies.

I was overcome with a sense of awe at the unique and spiritual person my daughter has become since her early days of sitting on my knee.  She is a beautiful and vibrant woman who lights up a room whenever it is graced with her presence.  I am also blessed to say that she is one of my closest friends, a confidant and someone I can count on to cheer me when days seem bleak.

From the start this wedding was meant to be something that expressed the bride and groom's loves and their sense of family and purpose.  Although we are working on a budget, an even smaller one than originally planned due to the unexpected lay off of my husband last October, we have paid attention to small details that should make the difference in making unity and family the focus of the upcoming nuptials.

I am proud to be sending such an amazing woman off into the world to spread her wings!  All of my children are amazing individuals that I am happy to count as three of my best friends, the best being my husband, Michel.  How blessed am I in this life to have such wonderful people in it.  :)

6 comments:

  1. :) I don't know entirely what to say. I'm just so happy to have you as the foundation of who I am and I'm so happy to share this new section of my life with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Pamela! May the day be perfect and the forward path be filled with joy, love and laughter for each and every one of you. Blessings and keeping you in my thoughts this weekend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My warmest reguards to the couple and your Family! Quite an achievment to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Scott. I will pass the message on to the happy couple. :)

      Delete